It’s the day after Christmas, and I’m not sure if this lack of motivation will stop anytime soon. I’ve had no real motivation to do any “work” for the past couple weeks. I have plenty of work to do but I just am having a tough time actually getting any of it done. Here is a list of projects I have on my mind:
- Central Nervous System (CNS): CNS is a CMS system I am developing in PHP/MySQL to help me with speeding up the process of building a dynamic website. Every dynamic site out there needs some sort of admin and this is my vision of that admin. It is in its most basic form now and needs some serious attention.
- Ever-Isle: This is my RPG (Tabletop/PC/Browser Based) that I have been trying to get to a playable state for a few years now (4-5). Every time I seem to make any kind of progress on it I seem to loose motivation after a few weeks. Not sure if it’s just the lack of assistance in the graphic department or my need for perfection when it comes tot he visual side of it.
- Igzactly News: This is my news engine I build a couple years back to help out my best friend on a freelance project. Is has evolved to an OK state and is used on a couple sites. It however needs a serious makeover.
- martinezreunion.com: This is fiancée’s aunt’s family website. I developed this in 2004 or 2005. It is in need of a major update and graduation to an admin-able state. It has been put on hold in hopes to be the first site to use the CNS system.
- Various Online Games: These include Hangman, Browser based version of Munchkin, Ever-Isle, and various others that pop in and out of my mind.
The list goes on but at the moment those are the ones that are on the top of my list, and the ones I can remember. On top of all that I have my Day Job with GravityFree. I have plenty to keep me busy there. Lately when I get home I feel like I need to not see a computer screen. I’m none to happy with that feeling lately as it takes away from my projects.
Whatever the cause behind my lack of motivation lately, I’m hoping that it will go away or I discover it to remedy it. Until then I’ll just keep plugging away at my work and do the best I can to get my side projects completed as well. Maybe starting a topic on each of my projects will help me out… I’ll consider that. Who knows, it may lend some help to someone working on a similar project.
Till next time,
“He’s shot! Are you okay?” — Willow
“I, um, I’m shot, you know. Wow! It’s odd. And painful.” — Oz