So, here it is… September 19th and I haven’t kept up with any of my resolutions. Is this new? Nope. I think anyone can say that it is sometimes difficult to stick to your resolutions, especially when one of them concerns your weight. I Had such hopes for that one. I was doing very well while going to a personal trainer twice a week. I felt good, I was loosing weight and building some more muscle. Then something came along. I moved!
This is not a bad thing. I am very, very happy with my decision to move as I am now living in a house and not an apartment. But some things came with this that I wanted but kinda hindered the loosing weight a bit more than I wanted. I am now living in a house and working from home. I do not have a car or need one but with this comes the fact that I am always inside. I have also been more busy with work, also a good thing but with all of this combined it has killed my fitness routine. I had plans of walking every morning, using my Wii Fit, the tension cables my trainer gave me before I left and various other fitness activities to keep up with. So far I have done none of them. I am hoping to change that for the next couple months and redeem some of my lost steam before the end of the year.
I just launched a program for a client and the craziness that was that project should now be back to normal and back on some semblance of development cycles from here on out. This will let me manage my time better so I can hopefully squeeze in some walking and Wii Fit. I’ll also be able to manage my other clients better with this projects launch wrapped up.
My other goals I was not very good with either. Shaving everyday? Ha! That didn’t happen long 🙂 Build miahandines.com? I haven’t even had a chance to start that site. To busy with paying clients to get any time to do the site. Web Games? Nothing their either. Same case as with miahandines.com. Wedding goal? The plans have changed once again their. We have decided again to pay off some of our debt before doing the wedding.
So I think the only thing I might be able to salvage is to lose some weight by the end of the year. It won’t be as much as I wanted but some is better than none.Well this wraps up my rant on my New Years resolutions. Till next time!
We’re like super villains” — Jonathan, BTVS Season 6
It’s the day after Christmas, and I’m not sure if this lack of motivation will stop anytime soon. I’ve had no real motivation to do any “work” for the past couple weeks. I have plenty of work to do but I just am having a tough time actually getting any of it done. Here is a list of projects I have on my mind:
- Central Nervous System (CNS): CNS is a CMS system I am developing in PHP/MySQL to help me with speeding up the process of building a dynamic website. Every dynamic site out there needs some sort of admin and this is my vision of that admin. It is in its most basic form now and needs some serious attention.
- Ever-Isle: This is my RPG (Tabletop/PC/Browser Based) that I have been trying to get to a playable state for a few years now (4-5). Every time I seem to make any kind of progress on it I seem to loose motivation after a few weeks. Not sure if it’s just the lack of assistance in the graphic department or my need for perfection when it comes tot he visual side of it.
- Igzactly News: This is my news engine I build a couple years back to help out my best friend on a freelance project. Is has evolved to an OK state and is used on a couple sites. It however needs a serious makeover.
- martinezreunion.com: This is fiancée’s aunt’s family website. I developed this in 2004 or 2005. It is in need of a major update and graduation to an admin-able state. It has been put on hold in hopes to be the first site to use the CNS system.
- Various Online Games: These include Hangman, Browser based version of Munchkin, Ever-Isle, and various others that pop in and out of my mind.
The list goes on but at the moment those are the ones that are on the top of my list, and the ones I can remember. On top of all that I have my Day Job with GravityFree. I have plenty to keep me busy there. Lately when I get home I feel like I need to not see a computer screen. I’m none to happy with that feeling lately as it takes away from my projects.
Whatever the cause behind my lack of motivation lately, I’m hoping that it will go away or I discover it to remedy it. Until then I’ll just keep plugging away at my work and do the best I can to get my side projects completed as well. Maybe starting a topic on each of my projects will help me out… I’ll consider that. Who knows, it may lend some help to someone working on a similar project.
Till next time,
“He’s shot! Are you okay?” — Willow
“I, um, I’m shot, you know. Wow! It’s odd. And painful.” — Oz